Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 2, 2014

Weight Watchers Wednesday (21)

Happy Wednesday! I thought it would be good to do a Weight Watchers Wednesday the day before my first weigh-in as a full-fledged Lifetime member. Tomorrow, I weigh in one month after attaining Lifetime status with Weight Watchers. 

For the record, the rule is that if I weigh even one-tenth over 2 pounds higher than the goal weight I list, I will have to pay for the week and continue to pay until I get back to goal. This means I cannot step on the scale and have it read more than 162.0.

How has the month gone? Well, let me tell you. Sticking to the plan was hard. I ran into the same temptations I had when I was trying to lose weight. And I guess that's kind of how it is. Our lives are what they are and we make choices based on what we hope to achieve. When losing weight, we are conscious of how the choice to eat that extra slice of pizza or those three cookies will feel if it sabotages our weigh-in the following week. 

As a Lifetime member, only the first weigh-in of the month counts. What that means is, the first time I attend a meeting of any given month, I have to weigh and that is the weight that counts for tracking my progress as a Lifetime member. I attended meetings throughout June, but only weighed in on June 5. I think I had the intention to weigh every week, but as the week passed and I wanted to partake in a treat on Tuesday or Wednesday (something I would NEVER do while I was on the weight loss program) I decided, "Well, I don't have to weigh-in every week. So...I won't." 

Not going to lie, but as this week edged closer and closer, I started to get concerned, so I put on my determined hat middle of last week and decided no more treats and make all the workouts between then and tomorrow and make sure I hit the goal. So, this past week has been fabulous. I even had some cake on Sunday for Vincent's birthday, but I was right back on the wagon Monday and Tuesday.

I might step on the scale tomorrow morning at home so I can be sure I'm prepared for whatever the WW scale says. I think I'm going to do fine. But it's been interesting this first month. It's almost as though I need to set a goal on a month-to-month basis of maintaining and hitting goal so that I focus.

By the way, I was out shopping with the girls and saw that some exercise shorts were on sale, so I picked them up to buy and got the size marked L for Large. I didn't think I needed to try them on, so I bought them and took them home. I put them on before working out on Sunday and realized they were too big. The elastic gapped on my waist! That is crazy that I would need the size marked M for Medium in shorts, but -- holy cow, I do!! So I took them back on Monday night. I had gotten a 20% off coupon in my e-mail so I did some extra shopping and thought maybe I would get a couple of exercise tanks to go with the shorts. But I was smart this time...I took both the M and the L to the dressing room to try on. And, what do you know? I need the sized marked M for Medium in shirts, too! That just made me happy so I thought I would share.

Also, I'm still crossfitting and on Sunday, I actually did one of the girl-named WOD's at the Rx weight. I didn't do it fast enough to get my name on the board, but I did do it in pretty good fashion. It was "Grace" and it was 30 Clean & Jerks at 95 pounds for time. I did it in 5:15, about a minute off where I'd need to be to get my name on the board at my the box. So, yay me! :)

Okay, I'm on this string of posts where no one comments, so break that for me, okay? How are you all doing with your plans? I know a few of you are doing weight loss plans of your own. Share with me! How's it going?

And I leave you with this bit of motivation:

Link Here


7 comments:

  1. For reasons I don't want to think about, I somehow put on ten pounds since Memorial Day. Well, that's gotta stop. So this week I hopped on the treadmill and ran a 13:25 mile. I know that's not fast, but it is for me. And I ran it at the same speed the entire time, which I've never done before. Small successes. I am really putting a renewed effort into working out, so I'm hopeful the scale will budge soon. I love the quote. I will think about it today as I try to run again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann-Marie, that is a great idea, to run again today. And you're lapping everyone still sitting on the couch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing Light Weigh for last 3 months. Did very well on it. Learned some great life long eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you! I had some back problems last fall that prevented Mr from exercising so I've only been doing Pilates once a week since then. Well, this week I started doing an exercise video that used to be so incredibly easy for me, and now its a hard workout! I just finished day 3 in a row so, I'm trying to get back in there now that my back doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh! you know, right after I wrote this I tweaked my back again opening the trunk of my car?? I jinxed myself! I've spent the rest of the day on the couch!

      Delete
  5. Nice! I think it's really important to remember that maintenance is work, too. That seems to be where I've had problems in the past with regaining weight. It's like I think I'm good to go, so I stop doing the work of eating right, and the pounds pack back on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah, and YAY for smaller sizes! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)