Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

August 11, 2014

Answer Me This - 6 (and a few Mumbles thrown in at the end)



I decided to link up with the lovely Kendra at Catholic All Year.

I threw in four Mumbles at the end because I like doing 10 things on Monday posts. :)

1. What do you still want to do this summer?

Is it still summer? Ha. Well, the kids go back to school one week from today. I'm not going to say I'm sorry about that. Ever since we've been back from vacation, they've been driving me nuts and been at each others' throats as they've been around each other all day every day for just a little bit too long.

BUT -- I guess I still need to move the buttons out on the jumper I have for Helen and also on the uniform skirt I have for Dani. I'm glad I got all the major shopping done this past weekend. All kids have the shoes needed for school, socks and underwear and all their school supplies. So moving buttons is probably enough. Oh and Sarah needs new volleyball shoes and knee pads. I guess I need to do that, too.

2. What is your favorite kind of pie?

I love a good chocolate silk pie. I actually like all kinds of pie. I love pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and Apple Pie at Christmas. But if I get to pick the pie at any ol' time, I would probably pick a Chocolate Silk Pie.

Chocolate Silk Pie
3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?

I need about seven hours. I usually get about six and a half. And that is if I am being good and not staying up late watching a show with Sarah. I am a horrible hit-the-snooze-er. I don't know why I don't just get up when the alarm rings in the morning...but I have to hit the snooze about twice. So, I set that clock ahead about 10-15 minutes so I still get up when I need to.

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river or ocean

I prefer to swim in a pool. I don't like the slimy feel of some things in a lake. I've never swum in a river, but I would imagine the same slimy, gross thing applies. I have swum in the ocean. I like it fine, but the unknown re: things like currents, sharks, jellyfish and such keep it behind the pool in preferences.

5. Do you know any poems by heart?

Not anymore. I should read some poetry. I haven't done that in a long while.

6. Do you use the public library?

Yes! Actually just this summer I got into that. I started reading fiction for fun again over the past couple of years as I tried to keep up with some of the things Sarah read. I realized I didn't want to buy the books I was reading and renewed my card at the library. I put books on hold that I wanted to read and when they became available, I read them and returned them. It was great. As I have a renewed interest in using the library, so do my children and now all three girls have a card of their own. Dominic likes to borrow books, too, but he just uses my card for now.

Go visit Kendra at Catholic All Year for more Answer Me This posts!

For you regular folks who know I sometimes do Mumbles on Monday -- here are four more little nuggets for you.

7. I took the boys shoe shopping Saturday. Dominic was so cute -- he says that he needs "tie shoes" now that he is going to Kindergarten. Can you believe how hard it is to find shoes with laces these days? All the shoes have velcro!! We finally found some affordable Stride Rite shoes with laces that were in his size. He wasn't even mad that they didn't have any Star Wars stuff on them. He thought it was much more important to have "tie shoes." Love that kid.

My boys and their "tie shoes"
8. When I took the girls for shoes later, Helen was insistent on having "tie shoes" because both of her little brothers had them. That was unexpected.

9. She also needed a new play outfit. That girl is growing and honestly, she wants to be comfortable. But she also wants pink. So, we found this outfit on the clearance rack at Target.


This is what I get when I say, "Give me a Sassy Pose"


10. So Vincent wanted his picture taken, too. And he also wanted to try and be "sassy" (i.e., hand on hip)


Still working on looking AT the camera these days...

Well, have a great Monday folks.

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. All the kids are growing up & cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that they all wanted "tie shoes" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)