Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

September 8, 2014

Paleo Challenge Part Two (the Part During) - 3

The next Paleo Challenge accountability post.

Saturday Food

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon, 3-egg omelette with mushrooms and red bell peppers. (12 PointsPlus)

Pic:

Yum!
Snack: Almonds (6 PointsPlus)

Dinner: Chicken Breast and Asparagus (7 PointsPlus)

What I missed on Saturday. I realized as I made the omelette that I really do miss cheese. I can make it 30 days without cheese, no problem, but I know I'll be having some when this 30 days is over. I love cheese. Then Saturday night after we got the younger four in bed, Sarah and I settled in to watch Friends and I realized that I missed popping popcorn, or having some sort of salty/crunchy snack.

I think it's important to take the time to recognize the things we miss. Right now, it's worth it for me to continue to forego those things. But it isn't ALWAYS worth it to me, so that is why I will most likely eat them again in the future. Just maintaining the balance -- it is always the challenge.

Saturday Workout: I didn't do an official workout. I did quite a bit of cleaning, that most likely burned some calories, but nothing like my CrossFit workouts.

Sunday Food

First of all -- slept in until 9:30! that is such a great feeling.

Breakfast:  Bacon and 3 hard-boiled eggs (9 PointsPlus)

Missed lunch due to getting the family out for Sarah's volleyball tournament matches.

Early Dinner: It was taco night. Craig found a Paleo soft-taco-shell recipe that he tried for me. I asked him what was in it and he said: Egg whites, some coconut flour, chili pepper and some other spices. the texture was such that it was clear it was eggs, but it tasted good with the taco toppings. It wasn't something I could pick up and eat though, used the fork. I only had one of those. After that, I threw in the lettuce, tomatoes, meat, few black olive slices and salsa and just ate that. It was good. The things I missed were sour cream and cheese, but again, it was worth it to pass on those for this 30-day challenge. (I'm gonna say the Paleo soft-taco-shell was probably 2 points and the taco meat I ate was probably 10 points, but the rest was free and so 12 PointsPlus)
Pic:
It was pretty good!!
Snack: Almonds (6 PointsPlus)

Sunday Workout: Another rest day. I toyed with the idea of going for a run in the morning, but decided to get laundry going and get the kids ready for volleyball instead. Overall, I think it was a smart move. Back to the workouts in the morning!

One other thing I thought I would note. I've been listing the PointsPlus values for the food and I've been between 26-35 points each day. This shows that eating this way is compatible with Weight Watchers both for losing weight and for maintenance. I love seeing that. Often I used to worry if I ate all that protein, I'd go over on points or something, but so far that has not been the case.

Until Wednesday!



 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)