1. First of all...ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! My team is in the
2. Woke up to this article over at National Catholic Register on the disconnect in the message from "over-population" people to stop having babies...or to control the number and the fact that they are silent regarding whether people should continue to engage in sex. It's a refreshingly different take on the argument.
3. I have swum four times since my last OB visit. It seems I finally got the motivation I needed to get to the pool...in the form of keeping my weight in check over the four weeks proceeding that check-up.
4. Swimming wears me out like nothing else. When bedtime comes around...I am literally out within a minute. And I feel worn out all day long (when I get it in first thing). The schedule is Wed-Thur and then Sat-Sun. That's the only way I can get it in with Craig's work schedule. Longer swims on the weekends. The second day in a row...I REALLY feel the fatigue from the previous day's swim. But I'm glad to be back in the pool.
5. I take Dominic to his orthopedic checkup today. I noticed last night he was walking more smoothly...like the limp had finally gone. I haven't seen him really run, yet, though. So, we'll see. But I'll be glad to see how it's doing.
6. My kids go back to school today after spring break. They NEED to go back. This weekend was full of bickering and fussing at each other. I think they are tired of each other.
7. Lent is going fairly well so far. I finally got a book to read to feed my soul...The Virtue Driven Life. It seems to have the premise that we have lost our way when it comes to the virtues these days. I am a little ashamed to admit that at a given moment, I probably couldn't name the seven virtues. But maybe this will help me!
8. I volunteered to be track coach for grades 4-6 at our parish school. It's been interesting since I am pregnant and haven't been running so I can't really just start running with the kids. I am able to do some of the plyometric exercises though and I love saying (as I keep my plank-hold for the entire minute): "If a 37-year-old 5-months-pregnant woman can do this and keep her belly off the ground, you 10-year-old girls can do it!"
9. I think I'm going to start a "Whine List" and write down all the "Whiny" complaints I get from the
10. It's a new week. Boss is back from vacation. I realized I really am just four months away from this little one joining the world and spring is upon us! Life is good.
Have a great day!!