Happy Monday! Have I done 30 of these? That kind of jars me awake for some reason. I will be brief...
1. Sarah took off for Challenge camp yesterday. Well, I dropped her off at 4:00 p.m. anyway. I think she'll enjoy the time away. I will miss her, but I think she will have a great experience.
2. A woman with whom I was in sync as we birthed our first four children, is expecting again! This is her #6 and I was a bit overwhelmed at how happy I was for her. Our number 5's are about 9 months apart (her numbers 1-4 were all born within 6-8 weeks of my numbers 1-4 -- and get this, she had three boys then a girl and I had three girls then a boy, LOL). Anyway joy just filled me when she told me and I felt happy about it all day.
3. Craig and I ran a 10K together on Saturday. It was fun! I think that's about as far as I care to run anymore. I've done the marathon and the half-marathon thing. For now, I just don't feel the need to train and try to run farther than 10K.
4. This race was very hilly! Probably a good thing I have been running around my home as there are lots of hills there, too. Probably nothing quite as bad as what Rebecca has to deal with in Morgantown, but hey, the Midwest is anything but free range flatland.
5. A picture from the Finish Line:
|Beer for of-age finishers (Michelob Ultra in case you are wondering...which may not qualify as beer to some of you)|
7. I feel like I have been waiting forever for Vincent to start walking. He's the first of my children to crawl and so I just figured that meant he'd get going walking pretty quick. But he's been crawling for almost 4 months now and he is so fast, that I think it discourages him from walking. Here is a picture of him playing at his tool bench. Several times he stood there without touching the bench and bouncing around on his legs and dancing that I thought maybe he'd take a step or two toward me. But he didn't.
8. Please pray for a special intention with regard to my work. I can't go into detail, but I sure would appreciate your prayers.
9. And if you don't mind...maybe another one with regard to Craig's scheduling opportunity with his work. Again, no details at this time, but would appreciate prayers with regard to some possible changes.
10. Swimming lessons for Dani and Helen start today! They are excited and so am I. I was a natural in the pool, but neither Sarah or Dani seem to have this gift. I'm interested to see what happens with li'l Helen. She is built a lot like her momma, and I'd really be excited if one of my kids takes affinity to the sport.
Have a great Monday!!