1. Pretty low-key weekend around here. We went out to dinner for Dani's birthday Friday night. I got a sitter for the boys, but they had a great time with that. It was fun to be able to go out and put the kids at one end of the table and the adults at the other. :)
2. Saturday was our final trip to Oceans of Fun, the water park side of the amusement park in town. This year I was surprised to find that to be the more fun side of the park for our whole family. Vincent doesn't have to sit in the stroller and both boys can play in the kid play area very well. The girls enjoy the slides and things. I got both boys to go down a few times on some mild slides (built for moms/dads to help their kids get over their fears). We spent a few hours there and fun was had by all. Dani and Helen even ran into a couple of friends they hadn't seen in awhile!
4. Yes, I slacked and didn't get out of bed this morning. Something about having the ability to sleep in makes me...want to execute.
5. Sarah fixed everyone who wanted it French Toast for breakfast this morning! How cool is it to have a kid old enough to fix a breakfast like that and clean it all up afterward?
6.I began reading "The Giver" this weekend. This is the book Sarah's class is currently reading. It's a fast read (I'm currently on Ch. 12 and I just started it last night.) I'm quite intrigued at the premise of the book. Anyone else out there read it?
7. We had "back to school" night Thursday to meet teachers, find out how the classrooms are organized and all that jazz. It was fun. AND the first time both Craig and I could go so we could split up and hit all kids' classrooms. Fun!
9. I had lunch with my Mentor at work last week. I think my boss was absolutely correct when she said she thought this woman would challenge me. I'm not sure my idea of challenge is exactly the same as my boss's but regardless -- I think it will be an interesting ride.
10. We are headed to Craig's mom's house for a late lunch. I hope I can take Sarah to the mall down there so she can use one of her birthday gift cards (that store isn't in the Northland anywhere).
Here's a little picture of Dominic I snapped this weekend at a friend's birthday party:
Have a great Monday!