1. This morning, I sneezed in the car on the way to drop Vincent off at daycare. He said, "Gah Besh You, Mom-ma" and I about melted. So cute.
2. Ah, 2nd grade! Helen is my third child to go through 2nd grade. I have always believed that 2nd grade is where the rubber meets the road...and it's okay to have a more strict, maybe less grandmotherly teacher at this point because the kids are in the process of becoming bigger kids during this year. But I also never had a kid affected by the teacher's lack of affectionate ways, either. Until my Helen, that is. I don't think it's a huge deal, and I had prepared her all summer for the new experience 2nd grade would be, trying to get her to stop crying/whining so much or needing so much affection. But, alas, Helen just needs that more than Sarah and Dani, I think.
4. So, I'm having surgery on Sept 19. And honestly, I need to lay off the running for a bit after the surgery and all. So...I've kind of laid off the running the past week anyway. Goodness! What is wrong with me!?!?
5. Yes, prayers are quite welcome for the doctor, nurses and that the surgery goes well and does what it is supposed to do.
6.I'm so proud of Sarah and a friend of hers! They want to have a talent show at school, so they put a proposal together over the weekend (poster, outline...all that jazz) and met with the principal yesterday. The principal approved their idea and now they have a plan in place. What a great show of initiative!!
7. I really tightened up my privacy settings on Facebook last week. I'm glad I did it, but I didn't realize that by limiting the profile of who sees my posts, I basically agreed for their posts not to show up in my News Feed anymore. So I just have to go to their Timelines to see any updates. I'm still in decision mode as to whether I like this or not.
9. Speaking of books, I finished "The Giver" last week in less than 24 hours. Fantastic book. Quite intense. AND I found out it's part of a series and that Sarah's class will read other books from this series in her class. Score!!
10. I don't mind the heat too terribly much, but I do like September to feel like -- um, September. So, I hope fall is on the way, soon!!
Thanks for the positive comments left on my post Friday. It was something that's been weighing on my mind, and I'm glad I shared it, although, I'm always a little surprised after I do something like that. I think I get surprised that I share like that on my blog. But, it was a discernment process, it opens me up to thoughts/opinions on all sides, but in the end, we feel very comfortable with our process and the fact that we believe we can "be there" for our kids as they continue to grow up. And, a couple pics of my boys for your Tuesday morning:
|Vincent in his shades...|
|Who is this masked man...? LOL|
Have a great Tuesday!