I absolutely love that I was born on this day, too. Because I work at an employer that treats this as the holiday it should be (for the Veterans!!) I also get the day off work. Score!
1. I began my day by taking Helen to the dentist for a follow-up procedure. It took all of 5 minutes basically and she was only just a few minutes late for school.
2. What was really great was I was able to make it to Crossfit for the 8:30 workout. On Veteran's day and other holidays where we honor our service men and women, Crossfit gyms everywhere do "Hero WOD" workouts. These are tough, but not impossible and there is usually a bio of the veteran the workout is named after. Today's was tough...with lots of burpees. But, I made it. Of course not as prescribed...I only used the 35 pound bar instead of the actual prescribed weight for all the non-burpee parts...but it was still tough!
3. Chiefs were on a bye this week so no update other than -- they are still 9-0!!
4. Am I the only person that thinks Miley Cyrus isn't really all that talented? I mean...I guess I should restate. I should say that she is talented, but she doesn't use it very well. I caught part of a performance on SNL the other night and had to flip it. I don't think she sings this genre of music she's singing all that well. I liked the Hannah Montana music, but I don't like this other stuff.
5. We spent Saturday afternoon getting family pictures taken. I'm really thankful to my sister-in-law and her husband for their patience (and equipment!) to take such fabulous photos. I'm trying my hand at editing in picasa3. I got some good results on a few. Of course, SIL/husband had to take fabulous photos in the first place, right?
|My beautiful Sarah|
|Pretty girl, Dani|
|Helen! Oh, my!|
|Helen again, because I love both of these from up in the tree|
|Handsome boy, Dominic|
|This is the best smile/expression we got from him and I love this picture -- my baby boy, Vincent.|
7. We also got some good pairs/group pictures...
|Oh my goodness, I just love my boys...|
|These two -- still baby girls and okay with that|
|My girls and me|
|November 9, 2013|
9. This was one I edited a bit and has become a favorite...
|I added a bit more shadow in another app, but I can't find that one right now...|
10. Truth: I have tons more photos than what is on this blogpost. I do hope to update my blog layout soon and use some of these in the header. My mom offered to edit the photos and print some, so I need to get organized and tell her which ones I want prints of and all that jazz. I may ask her to do this for our Christmas present this year...that would be better than trying to figure out some toy that works for the whole family.
Well, I am off in search of a birthday pedicure! Have a great Monday!!